The International Kodály Society announces its 2018-2019 academic year Sarolta Kodály Scholarship I Competition. The announcement is for postgraduate training at the Zoltán Kodály Pedagogical Institute of Music. The purpose of the scholarship program is to encourage and to support the study of the music and ideas of Zoltán Kodály in his native country, Hungary, as they apply to musical performance, pedagogy and composition.
Applicants have to:
- be financial members of the International Kodály Society prior to submitting the application, or, if becoming a new member at the time of the application, pay a membership fee for 2 years. (60 $ US for individual membership/36 $ US for student membership).
- be recommended by three (3) people who are currently teaching or are closely working together with the applicant. The recommendation form is to be downloaded and filled in by the three reference persons and should be emailed to the IKS Office at the time of the application, or else the application is not valid.
- attach a photograph to the application.
- fill in the application form and submit it to the International Kodály Society, not later than October 1st 2017.
- send all materials by email to office [at] iks [dot] hu
- There is no age restriction for application.
- The Scholarship is for the 2018-2019 Academic Year beginning in mid-September 2018.
- This Scholarship is for new students, who do not study at the Institute currently. IKS offers the Sarolta Kodály Scholarship II only for returning students, announced at the Institute.
- The amount of the Scholarship is 1,000,000 HUF to be used for the tuition fee. (Two semesters).
- All other expenses are to be borne by the recipient.
- The Scholarship is not transferable.
- The results of the competition will be announced at the end of October 2017.
- The recipient has to contact the director of the Institute.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration in the selection procedure:
- The level of musicianship.
- The probability of the applicant’s future contribution to the musical life of his/her country of origin.
- Previously obtained results and evaluation of study.
- To gain thorough knowledge of these parameters, the IKS Board reserves itself the right, in addition to the three letters of recommendation, to ask for independent information about the applicant and/or to organize a personal interview.