Mrs. Sarolta Kodály and the International Kodály Society announce a Second Scholarship Competition for Post-Graduate study at the Zoltán Kodály Pedagogical Institute of Music.
The scholarship will be for the Academic Year 2023-2024 and is only accessible for students currently studying at the Institute.
With this Second Scholarship Mrs. Kodály and the International Kodály Society want to offer the possibility of an extended stay at the Institute and to encourage further study of the musical, scientific and pedagogical heritage of Zoltán Kodály.
Applicants have to:
- Be registered as 1st or 2nd year student of the Zoltán Kodály Pedagogical Institute of Music.
- be financial members of the International Kodály Society prior to submitting the application, or, if becoming a new member at the time of the application, pay a membership fee for 2 years. (60 $ US for individual membership/40 $ US for student membership).
- Be recommended by four (4) people. Please download and fill in the form. Two (2) recommendations have to be from teachers of the Institute. The two (2) other recommendations have to be from outsiders, which can either be former teachers or persons who know the applicant professionally as colleague or in another capacity.
- Attach a photograph to the application.
In addition to the four letters of recommendation the International Kodály Society reserves the right to seek further information or to invite the applicant for a personal interview.
- There is no age restriction for application.
- The Scholarship is for the 2023-2024 Academic Year beginning in September 2023.
- The amount of the Scholarship is 1,000,000 HUF to be used for the tuition fee. (Two semesters).
- The Kodály Institute offers a complimentary Scholarship for the remaining tuition fee of the 2023-2024 academic year to the selected student.
- All other expenses are to be borne by the recipient.
- The Scholarship is not transferable.
- The results of the competition will be announced by 10 March 2023.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration in the selection procedure:
- The level of musicianship.
- The probability of the applicant’s future contribution to the musical life of his/her country of origin.
- Previously obtained results and evaluation of study at the Institute.